Welcome to the Town of Berlin!
Berlin, Connecticut, the home of "The Yankee Peddler", is located at the geographic center of the state. The area was originally known as PAGONCHAWNISCHAGE (the great white oak place), by the Mattabasset Indians.
In 1659, Sergeant Richard Beckley purchased 300 acres from Chief Tarramuggus, built a home for his family and became the first settler in what was to become Berlin. Other families slowly followed, and in 1686, Captain Richard Seymour led a group of families from Farmington to begin the first settlement on Christian Lane.
There are no items to display at this time