Breaking News

The Town of Berlin, Connecticut

Country Charm at the Center of Connecticut


Wildlife Information

Berlin Animal Control can only respond to wildlife complaints if your pet has had contact with a wild animal. We will have the animal tested for rabies if there was contact and your pet will need a booster vaccine for rabies and/or a possible home quarantine.

Berlin Animal Control will also respond for sick or injured wildlife and orphaned baby wildlife unable to survive without their mother.

Any wildlife complaints about a skunk, raccoon, possum, squirrel, swan, geese, coyote, bobcat or any other animal that is living under a shed or on your property must be referred to a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator (NWCO) as mandated by the State of CT (Section 26-47). A list of NWCOs may be found in the Yellow Pages under Pest Control or from the State of CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) at 860-424-3011 or 860-424-3333 for Emergency after hours calls.

Orphan or Baby Wildlife

  • Ct. Rehabilitators Assn. 203-393-1050
  • State Wildlife Rescue 877-5RACOON

Injured Wildlife

  • DEP 860-424-3011 or 860-424-3333

Nuisance Wildlife

  • For removal of nuisance wildlife in your yard see yellow pages under Pest Control
  • Bye Bye Pests Adam Litwinko 860-229-7378

Dept of Agriculture

  • Laws, regulations & Pet store complaints 860-713-2506

Contact Us

Jan Lund,
Animal Control Officer
Animal Control Shelter
600 Christian Ln
Berlin, CT 06037
Get Directions
  • Phone: (860) 828-7055
  • Emergency Phone: (860) 828-7080
  • Staff Directory
  • M-F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    Sat, Sun & Holidays
    8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Topics of Interest