Breaking News

The Town of Berlin, Connecticut

Country Charm at the Center of Connecticut

Facebook

About Us

On September 10, 1937, the Town of Berlin formed a Police Bureau which was supervised by four elected Constables. The Police Bureau was the town's only form of police protection until April 13, 1955.


On that date, House Bill No. 1932 was passed by the Connecticut Legislature which established the Board of Police Commissioners of the Town of Berlin and authorized the organization and maintenance of a police department.

During that year the Board of Police Commissioners purchased a two-way radio system which was set up and operated on a round-the- clock basis.

The Board also purchased a new police cruiser -- the first in the town's history -- and established that the authority of the constables would be terminated on August 31, 1956.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click on the link to see the 2018 Annual Report

Contact Us

Police Department
240 Kensington Rd
Berlin, CT 06037
Get Directions

In this Department

Topics of Interest